Come Visit Us!
Visitors are always welcome at Columbine! Come to a meeting, tell us your stories, and meet some friendly genealogy folks. Find a common ancestor or cousin. Our pedigree charts are often on display at meetings so you can check who else might be researching your family history.
Look around our website where you will find out about our upcoming meetings and what activities our members enjoy. Browse through some of our old newsletters and take a look at our bookstore page. Finally, read a brief page from our history where you will discover some of our accomplishments.
- Active in our community for many years, Columbine has collected and published local records, taught sound genealogical practice, and enjoyed fellowship among our talented membership. As requested by our members, we have daytime meetings and workshops on the second and third Tuesdays for nine months each year.
- Family history education is a constant activity at Columbine. Our monthly meetings feature stimulating programs presented by experts from our membership as well as area specialists.
- Classes in beginning and intermediate genealogy are held each year. Classes are taught by experienced instructors and include tours to local research facilities.
Our Bylaws prescribe that we:
- Promote an interest in genealogy and history.
- Encourage and instruct members in genealogical research through informative programs, careful documentation and maintenance of quality genealogical standards.
- Locate, preserve and index public and private genealogical and historical records and make such available to members and the public.
- Assist and support those genealogical libraries, archives, and historical museums in Colorado which are open to the public.
- Publish genealogical and historical information in a regular newsletter and any other publications as directed by the membership.